10 Photos That Will Inspire You To Visit Sardinia

If you haven’t heard of Sardinia, it’s a island off the coast of Italy with some of the most beautiful beaches I have yet to see. The second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea coming in only after Sicily. It’s also known as the island of a thousand beautiful beaches(and they’re not kidding)! It’s only a 40 minute plane ride from Naples and the French Riviera! You can actually see France(Corsica) from the northern coast of Sardinia. With it’s rugged landscape, fantastic food, secluded coves, turquoise waters, and crystal clear beaches, it’s clearly a hidden gem. Here are 10 photos that will inspire you to visit Sardinia the next time you’re thinking about visiting Europe whether it be Provence or the Amalfi Coast. With beaches ranging from pink to white sand and sometimes smooth ivory pebbles, there’s one suitable for everyone. Check out some of my favorite beaches below!

Costa Smeralda

Spiaggia Capriccioli

Spiaggia Capriccioli

North Sardinia

La Pelosa Beach
Capo Testa

La Pelosa
La Pelosa

La Pelosa

Capo Testa

East Sardinia

My Absolute favorite beaches are along this coast!
Cala Luna
Cala Goloritze
Cala Mariolu
Cala Biriola

Sardinia

Cala Mariolu

Cala Mariolu

Sardinia

Cala Goloritze

Stay tune for my guide to Sardinia with all my favorite places to stay, eat, book tours and boat rentals. Have you ever been to Sardinia? If so what are your favorite spots?

Happy travels!

11 Comments

1. September 2, 2017 / 1:39 pm

Remarkable pictures! Sardinia seems like a piece of paradise. How many days would you recommend staying there?

• Nhi
      Author
      September 5, 2017 / 1:58 am

Thank you! It truly is. I feel like it was a hidden gem as it’s not that crowded as their other mediterranean neighbors but certainty just as if not more beautiful! We stayed 5 days and felt like we needed more time. I would recommend at least 1 week if you only visit half the island and 2 if you want to visit the whole island. 🙂

2. Alexa
    September 3, 2017 / 2:46 pm

Awesome page… beautiful pics…really wanna go now!

• Nhi
      Author
      September 5, 2017 / 1:58 am

Thank you dear! You totally should. You’ll love it. 🙂

• sergio coello
        October 28, 2017 / 1:57 am

YEAH!! ME TOO!!!!! 😀

3. sergio coello
    October 28, 2017 / 1:54 am

OMG! I can’t believe that this pictures are real… they are really beautiful,
    I would like to be there some day for a lot of time… I really like this place, it’s totally a paradise

• Nhi
      Author
      October 28, 2017 / 3:02 am

Yes! Paradise is real here. haha You definitely must visit one day and spend as much time as you’d like. I know you’ll love it!

4. November 18, 2017 / 11:00 pm

I am planning a trip to Italy, Malta and Croatia in 2020. This post on Sardinia has just broadened my thinking a WHOLE Lot!!

• Nhi
      Author
      December 28, 2017 / 5:56 pm

Oh wow! Croatia is definitely still on my bucket list. Sardinia is such a beautiful place. Malta is pretty close, you definitely must visit if you get a chance!

5. Gigi
    February 20, 2018 / 3:43 am

I’m new to your blog and saw these pictures and fell in love! Would you say the sea and the view is prettier than santorini? I’m looking for another paradise to go to after Santorini. Or what else do u recommend?

• Nhi
      Author
      March 3, 2018 / 5:28 am

Hi Gigi! I loved Sardinia and would highly recommend it to anyone. The beaches are beautiful. It’s a much more different vibe than Santorini. Santorini is very touristy to me. Sardinia is much more low key and though it’s not perched on the cliff side as is Santorini, you can rent boats (privately or guided) out to more remote beaches. They are absolutely stunning! Though you could also just drive to one of the local beaches and those are equally as beautiful as well. Another paradise I’d highly recommend is Seychelles. I’ll write about that soon though! 🙂